Brighton, Oct. 25, 2013 – The 27J Education Foundation has awarded nearly $11,000 in classroom grants and teacher scholarships during its most recent grant/scholarship funding cycle.
The money was made available through the support of Foundation benefactors and business partners, and supports the Education Foundation’s mission to provide expanded educational opportunities for 27J students and teachers.
The Foundation awarded $9,213.95 in classroom grants. Grants were awarded to the following programs:
- Northeast Elementary Outdoor Education: $1,160
- Northeast Elementary Special Education Laptops: $2,000
- Vikan Middle School STEM Lego Engineering: $4,053.95
- West Ridge Elementary iPads in the Classroom: $2,000
The Foundation awarded $1,500 in continuing education scholarships. Scholarships were awarded to:
- Kari Gillespie – South Elementary
- Lauren Balsbaugh – Northeast Elementary
- Logann Grasteit – Otho Stuart Middle School
“We’re honored to support these very deserving programs and teachers,” 27J Education Foundation President Charles Zachemsky said. “We thank all of our Foundation supporters for their contributions that made these grants and scholarships possible and we look forward to another funding cycle later this school year.”