Brighton, Feb. 26, 2014 – The deadline is approaching for School District 27J high school students to apply for the chance to earn scholarships from the 27J Education Foundation.
The 27J Education Foundation plans to award six, $1,000 scholarships to graduating School District 27J seniors this year. In addition, the Foundation will facilitate the distribution of four community scholarships, valued at $2,500.
To be considered for a scholarship, applicants must:
- Be a School District 27J graduating senior who has completed one full school year in the 27J District;
- Student must have a scholastic record of 2.5 cumulative GPA or better.
- Student must have been actively involved in the community and/or school activities.
- Student must obtain and attach two (2) written references: one from a member of the high school staff and one from a community member who has direct knowledge of the applicant’s community involvement (No relatives).
- The recipient must enroll in a university, college, community college or vocational school as a full time (12 or more credit hours) or part-time (6 credit hours) student. Award will be adjusted accordingly for part-time enrollment.
About the 27J Education Foundation
The School District 27J Education Foundation develops community partnerships that encourage a wide variety of educational experiences through scholarships and grants. The Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. All donations are tax deductible as allowed by law. As a volunteer-run organization, the majority of the 27J Education Foundation’s funding is used to support district educational programs.